Engage 2021 Release – Help Guide
Engage 2021 Help Guide details you on the Release Features that helps the users to stay connected with the updates made to the Engage Platform and Mobile Apps.
12 – January – 2021 Feature Release
Photo Gallery Feature
Implemented Gallery feature in the Activity feed in Dashboard, and the same is displayed for the users in Mobile Apps.
- Enter the URL provided to login into the Engage application. The Engage application prompts for Username (Email ID) and Password.
- Enter a valid email id and password and click the LOGIN button to launch into the application.
- After successful login, the user lands into the home (Dashboard) screen. By default, the user views the Activity Feed.
- Click the Gallery tab to upload the photos in the gallery. On clicking the Gallery tab the below screen is displayed.
The Gallery screen displays the list of gallery images published by the Admin in LIVE status and yet to be published images in Draft status.
- Click the Create button to create a new gallery group.
Enter the following details to create a new Gallery group –
- Name of the Group: Enter a unique group name for Gallery.
- Description of the Gallery: Enter a short description for the new gallery group
- Add Image: Add the images that you want to display in the gallery view in Mobile app. You can upload an image only in jpeg, jpg & png format and in the following sizes 1400×700 or 800×400 & within 2MB.
- Thumbnail Images: The maximum size to upload a photo in the Thumbnail Images is restricted to 2MB for better performance and loading time. The image file formats that are most commonly supported are .jpg, .jpeg & .png
- Check the Send Push Notification check box to notify the Mobile App users instantly.
You can preview the Group Name, Description and the No of images uploaded in the right side.
- Save as Draft – Click the required option to save the changes and Publish later
- Publish – Click the required option Publish the new Group
In Mobile Apps (both Android and iOS) a Photo gallery section is introduced in the Home tab. On enabling the Send Push Notification in the Dashboard, the Mobile user receives a notification in the app.Refer the screenshot below –
Albums will be displayed at the top of the home tab above the activity feed and below the live scorecard. The albums will have horizontal carousel scroll and within each album, there can be multiple photos.
When clicked on the “See all…” link in the album’s horizontal scroll, it takes the user to a photo gallery screen that displays the album thumbnails.
When clicked on an Album, it takes the user to the album screen that displays the thumbnails of the photos included in the album.
When clicked on a photo thumbnail , it displays the photo in full screen and the user can swipe right or left to navigate between the photos only for Android users.
Thus, the Gallery feature allows the users to view more photos in less space, and provides a better user experience.